This course is designed for medical college faculty, post graduate students, health managers and researchers who have not had any formal training in epidemiology and research methodology.
Epidemiological techniques are useful not only in clinical and field based research but also in clinical decision making and health management. This course exposes the participant to epidemiological methods, statistical analysis of data and computer use.
- Epidemiological approach to the concept of health and diseases
- Measures of disease frequency
- Errors in measurement – Reliability and validity.
- Validity of diagnostic tests and screening for diseases.
- Causal thinking in health and disease.
- Measures of association and potential impact
- Epidemiological study designs and analytical methods: – Clinical trials – Cohort studies – Case control studies – Cross sectional studies – Ecological studies
- Probability sampling and sampling techniques
- Concept of confidence interval
- Tests of statistical significance
- Health Information System. Epidemiological Technique in Health Management.
- Critical review of journal articles
- Basic computer use
- Introduction to SPSS software / Epi Info
- Introduction to Health Economics
No. of participants: 20
Course fee: Rs. 7000 (including service tax)
Venue: Community Health Training Centre (CHTC) in the Christian Medical College campus at Bagayam.
Boarding and Lodging:
The CHTC guest house located near the training centre has board and lodging facilities. Room Rent: Shared double occupancy – Rs. 350/- per head.
Single / Double AC Rs. 900
How to apply:
Apply to the following address using the format provided so as to reach us by 10th June 2017 by post or email.
Dr. Kuryan George, Course Co-ordinator,
Epidemiology Resource Centre, Dept. of Community Health,
Christian Medical College, Vellore 632 002, Vellore Dist. Tamil Nadu.
Tel No.2284207 Fax: 91-416-2262268
For more details, please see the official link here.