About the Course
This course uses case studies and seminars to explore the occurrence of and responses to major environmental emergencies both at home and abroad, such as the Rhine River pollution incident, the Songhua River pollution event, the London smog episode, the Beijing haze pollution event and the Tianjin explosion accident.
The background, causes, ecological restoration measures, accountability mechanisms, emergency response measures and ecological and environmental impacts of major environmental pollution events will be discussed in various contexts.
Through case analysis, we can understand the causes, impacts, and appropriate response measures to water environmental pollution events, atmospheric pollution events and safety breaches.
This course will also systematically explore the theoretical underpinnings of environmental emergency management to promote better understanding of environmental emergency prevention measures, early warning systems, preparatory measures for environmental pollution incidents, effective environmental emergency responses, and post-emergency pollution event assessment and reconstruction efforts.
What you’ll learn
An understanding of the background and/or causes of environmental pollution events, emergency response and ecological restoration measures, and accountability for major pollution events.
Familiarity with China’s environmental pollution incident emergency response system and ex post evaluation.
Greater understanding and awareness of environmental problems.
A better understanding of environmental pollution and increased pability with respect to effective management of emergencies.
- Chapter One: Introduction to environmental emergency management (Part One)
- Chapter One: Introduction to environmental emergency management (Part two)
- Chapter Two: Water pollution incident in the Rhine
- Chapter Three: The Songhua River pollution incident. (Part One)
- Chapter Three: The Songhua River pollution incident. (Part Two)
- Chapter Four: Environmental emergency management system
- Chapter Five: Prevention, early warning and preparation for environmental emergencies.
- Chapter Six: London smog episode (Part one)
- Chapter Six: London smog incident (Part two)
FREE, Add a Verified Certificate for ₹3,642.
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Edx through an affiliate programme.