About the Organiser
The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (abbreviated as IITB or IIT Bombay) is a public engineering institution located in Powai, Mumbai, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance. A committee formed by the Government of India recommended the establishment of four higher institutes of technology to set the direction for the development of technical education in the country in 1946.
Energy management can help industry control its operating costs. Energy management is also important for reducing local, regional and global emissions and can help mitigate the problem of global warming. Next-generation industrial processes can be low carbon and energy-efficient. This course will help industry professionals acquire the skills and techniques required to implement energy management
This course will also benefit researchers and students who are interested in working on energy management. In the context of the Energy Conservation Act 2001, the Bureau of Energy Efficiency has emphasised the importance of Energy Managers and Certified Energy Auditors. This course is designed to provide the background required for engineers to meet this role. The newly introduced PAT scheme provides an additional incentive for benchmarking and improving industrial energy efficiency.
Apart from the lectures, hands-on laboratory sessions on efficiency testing are planned at IIT. The course also includes tutorials to help participants understand the concepts involved.
- Overview of India’s Energy Scenario
- Fundamentals of Energy Engineering
- Energy Auditing
- Energy Efficiency in Motor Drive Systems
- Efficiency in Boilers and Steam Systems
- Infrared Thermography for Energy Applications
- Energy Conservation in Buildings
- Energy Conservation using Heat Pumps
- Industrial Applications of Solar Thermal
- Energy Economics, Pinch Analysis
- Efficiency Conservation in Pumping/Compressed Air
- Energy Efficient Lighting
- Waste Heat Recovery
- Thermal Insulation
- Photovoltaic (PV) Technology & Systems
- Benchmarking for energy-intensive industrial process
- Energy Performance Study of HVAC
- Energy and Climate Change and CDM
- Energy Regulation and Policies – PAT, ISO 50001
- Laboratory Experiments- Boiler, Motor Efficiency, Lighting, Pumping Control
- Lab visits – Heat Pump, Forbes Marshall Energy Efficiency Lab, etc.
The programme will be held at the Conference Hall (Ground Floor), Jal Vihar Guest House, IIT Bombay.
- ₹ 25960/- (inclusive of GST @ 18%) (Industry/Govt. organisations)
- ₹ 17700/- (inclusive of GST @ 18%) (Academic institutions)
- ₹ 8850/- (inclusive of GST @ 18%) (Students)
How to Register?
- The participants should register for the course and pay the respective course fees online through this link.
- Only online registration for this course is accepted.
Nov 21, 2019
Coordinator: Prof. Rangan Banerjee
Email: rangan[at]iitb.ac.in, balkrishna[at]iitb.ac.in
Phone: +91-22-2576 7883 / 2576 8890