Department of Electrical Engineering & Department of Physics, IIT Kanpur is organizing a Course on Electromagnetic Metamaterials: Microwave-Infrared-Optical Applications during Aug 19-23.
About the Course:
The program will be specifically useful for persons who are concerned with Microwave, Infrared and Optical properties of Metamaterials in Research and Industry as well as training/teaching of students/ personnel.
Through this program, IIT Kanpur’s internationally recognized expertise in this area is being used to create a pool of appropriately trained technical personnel in India.
The course is designed to cater to the needs of teachers from Science & Engineering Institutions, scientists from R & D labs and practicing engineers from industry. It aims to equip the participants with essential knowledge of the area so as to enable them to start working with metamaterials in their research & applications.
Lectures and tutorials will be delivered by experts working at IIT Kanpur and other reputed institutions on:
- Introduction to Metamaterials.
- Homogenization of Structured Materials.
- Modeling of electromagnetic/photonic structures using computer simulations.
- Metamaterial Microwave Antennas and absorbers.
- Infra-red and Optical Metamaterials.
- Electromagnetic Cloaking by Metamaterial.
- Photonic Bandgap Materials.
- Nanostructured Plasmonic surfaces.
- Micro and Nanofabrication Techniques.
- Microwave, IR and optical Characterization Techniques.
- There is no course fee for engineering/science teachers from Universities / AICTE / UGC recognized Colleges / Academic Institutions.
- Teachers not selected for QIP funding: Rs. 9440.
- Ph.D. Students working on metamaterials: Rs. 7080.
- Private and public sector companies and other R & D organizations: Rs. 14160.
How to apply?
- Click here for the registration form.
- The course application forms should reach to course coordinators latest by 15th June 2019.
- Receipt of Application: 15th June 2019.
- List of Selected Candidates: 30th June 2019.
- Receipt of Fees/Caution Deposit:15th July 2019.
- Course Email: meta2019.iitk[at]gmail.com
- Course Coordinators:
- Prof. Kumar Vaibhav Srivastava
Dept. Electrical Engg., IIT Kanpur – 208016
- Prof. S. Anantha Ramakrishna
Dept. of Physics, IIT Kanpur – 208016