About the Course
Interpersonal communication is one of the most important management skills: everyday we relate with our bosses, collaborators, customers and colleagues. Being a good communicator is synonym to being a good leader.
Interpersonal and group communication helps us to create better business environments, and therefore, to have better results.
What you’ll learn?
- Understand the importance of communication in people’s lives and thus boost the improvement in our ability to effectively socialize.
- Identify the concept of communication to clarify its importance.
- Develop communication skills: assertiveness and empathy.
- Apply communication skills to performance feedback and achieve organizational objectives.
Topic 1. Human communication levels
- Concept and communication levels
- Communication skills
Topic 2. Assertive communication
- Differences between aggressiveness, non- assertiveness, and assertiveness
- A technique for planning our communication: the DESC Script
Topic 3. Empathetic listening
- Listening levels: hearing, listening, and empathizing
- The technique of empathetic listening: typical responses vs. empathetic responses
Topic 4. Performance feedback
- Recognizing good and bad performance
- The GROW Model: steps for conducting a feedback session
Carlos Alberto Tena Sánchez Dr. Tecnológico de Monterrey
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.