The goal of this course is to make participants familiar with econometric techniques and how those techniques are applied in strategic management research. In this course, we will make extensive use of statistical software and we will discuss applications of various econometric techniques in some of the articles published in leading strategic management journals.
At the end of this course, the participants are also expected to develop a good working knowledge of a wide variety of econometric techniques and their applications. The participants will be provided sample datasets and they will have ample opportunities for rich experiential learning during this course.
- What is theory, the interplay between theory and method, synthesis of prior research, Problems with the current approaches, statistical significance and p-values, importance of estimates and confidence interval, increasing replication for knowledge accumulation
- Using a Statistical Software Effectively, organizing data and performing reliable and replicable research
- Linear regression, heteroscedasticity, specification tests, diagnostics, longitudinal data analysis
- Time series, panel data, fixed effects, random effects, dynamic panel models
- Discrete and dependent variable models, count data models, Poisson regression, negative binomial regression
- Logistic regression, Probit regression, marginal effects, interaction effects, plotting results, generating tables, reporting results
- Survival analysis, cox proportional hazards
- Robustness analysis, alternatives
Who can Attend?
- Executives, engineers, and researchers from manufacturing, service and government organizations including R&D laboratories
- Student students at all levels (MBA/MTech/Ph.D.)
- Faculty from reputed academic institutions and technical institutions
The participation fees for taking the course is as follows:
- Academic Institutions: Rs. 1500/-
- Students: Rs. 500/-
- The above fee includes all instructional materials. The participants will be provided with accommodation on payment basis subject to availability.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here. The last date to register is November 20, 2019.
Phone Number: +91-9305508002
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org