The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing Applications (IIRS) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) are together organizing an Online Course on Earth Observation for Carbon Cycle Studies from June 21 to 25, 2021.
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) under Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space, Govt. of India is a premier Training and Educational Institute set up for developing trained professionals in the field of Remote Sensing, Geoinformatics and GNSS Technology for Natural Resources, Environmental, and Disaster Management.
- Role of EO in Carbon Cycle Assessment : Status, Challenges and Issues
- Measuring Ecosystem Carbon Exchange : Observational network, Instrumentation, and advanced sensors
- Up-scaling and Modeling of Carbon fluxes: Remote Sensing and Process-based modeling
- Earth Observation and its role in Vegetation Carbon Pool Assessment
- Earth Observation and its role in Soil Organic Carbon (SOC) Assessment.
Who can Attend?
- This course is designed for professionals from Central/ State Govt./ Private Organizations/ NGO/ students & researchers engaged in Earth observations aspects, carbon modeling, Carbon assessment using RS & GIS.
- The course participants have to be duly sponsored by their university/ institution and application should be forwarded through coordinators from respective Organisations/ Centres.
- Users attending programs under CEC-UGC/ CIET/ other networks can also participate.
- Institutions on high-speed National Knowledge Network (NKN) can also participate using A-VIEW software.
There is no course fee for attending this program.
To register for the course, click here.
All the participants who attend 70% of sessions of the course live via the e-class portal. The participants who attend the course sessions via the IIRS youtube channel should mark their attendance via offline sessions available after 24 hrs.
You might also be interested in: