About the Course
Nurture your love for, and understanding of, music with this specialization. Learn the fundamentals of music theory, including major and minor tonalities, chord scales, song forms, and chord qualities. You’ll also practice training your ear to hear and recognize various intervals, chord progressions, and chord qualities.
For the Capstone project, you will directly apply the knowledge you’ve gained to write and perform a short musical composition. This specialization begins with the basics of music and builds to more advanced concepts, providing you the knowledge you need to improve your skills as a musician.
What you will learn?
- Aurally identify musical intervals, chords, and chord progressions
- Write and practice major and minor scales in a variety of keys
- Compose a 12-bar blues with a melody
- Define and discuss harmonic function and modal interchange
Skills you will gain
- Music theory
- Aurally identify chords
- Read lead sheets
- Aurally identify musical intervals
- Read music notation
- Music Performance
- Music composition
There are 4 Courses in this Specialization
- Developing Your Musicianship
- Musicianship: Chord Charts, Diatonic Chords, and Minor Keys
- Musicianship: Tensions, Harmonic Function, and Modal Interchange
- Developing Your Musicianship: Final Project
Applied Learning Project
In the capstone course, you will write and perform a 24-measure musical composition in A A B A song form. This culminating project will combine the skills and knowledge you learn and provides an opportunity for you to demonstrate your growth as a musician.
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.