IIT Kanpur is organizing a Short-Term Course on Design of Engines for Emission Compliance during April 17-21, 2019. Apply by March 30.
About the course:
With increasing environmental awareness worldwide, stringent regulations for fuel consumption, and exhaust emissions, including those for PM (Particulate Matter) and NOx are further evolving.
Under these circumstances, diesel engines would continue to be attractive because of their relatively lower fuel consumption and higher power output compared to their gasoline counterparts however both have to emerge as clean primary power sources.
This course focuses on designing of various engine components and technologies, diagnostics and modeling tools. The emphasis is on providing the participant an up-to-date knowledge of the advances in the design of engine components and sub-systems for emission compliance.
The Scope of Course:
- Designs of Engines.
- Cylinder Head and Liner Design.
- Cooling System, Bearings, Lubricating System Design.
- Design of Connecting Rod and Crankshaft.
- Turbocharger Matching.
- Design of EGR and SCR Systems.
- Gasoline direct injection engine design.
- Injectors, sprays & droplet size distribution.
- Optical Research Engine and flow diagnostics.
- Engine exhaust particle formation and Control.
- 1-D modeling of engines, fuel injection systems, and engine cooling system.
- New and Emerging fuels.
- Challenges of Emerging fuels such as Methanol.
- Emerging gaseous fuels.
- Engine Calibration.
- Thirty participants from AICTE Approved engineering academic institutions will be selected to attend the course at IIT Kanpur.
- Applicants should be engaged in technical teaching.
- Last date for receiving the application: March 30th, 2019.
- Notification about selection: April 08th, 2019.
- Confirmation by the participants: April 10th, 2019.
April 17-21, 2019.
The course fee is Rs. 12,000 + GST (Non-refundable) and the participants will need to bear all the expenses for lodging, boarding.
- The application should be made on the registration form attached along with the caution deposit of Rs. 1000/- in the form of crossed bank draft in favor of ‘Continuing Education Program, IIT Kanpur’ payable at State Bank of India, IIT Kanpur.
- All successful candidates will be provided with the certificates.
- Download the registration form from here.
- The registration form, complete in all respects, duly forwarded by the head of the institution, accompanied by demand draft and a covering letter should reach the organizer on or before March 30th, 2019.
Sujeet Sharma: FB-301, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
Tel: 0512 259 7405
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com