Course on Design of Concrete Structures @ NIT Surathkal [July 29- Aug 8]: Registrations Open
About the Course
This course will provide an overview of material and mechanical properties of FRP reinforcing bars, structural applications, construction practices, design philosophy, flexural behavior, serviceability, shear behavior, and detailing issues. The course will be beneficial to asset managers, design engineers, concrete specifiers, consultants, builders, and researchers.
Successful completion of the course will lead to the following learning outcomes:
Knowledge and understanding of:
(1) concepts related to the use of structural composites in civil engineering structures
(2) physical and mechanical properties of different types of composites
(3) flexural design of FRP reinforced concrete members
(4) advantages and disadvantages of the use of FRP in the construction industry.
Intellectual Abilities to:
(1) design concrete elements and structures using FRP internal reinforcement
(2) identify structural applications where it is beneficial to use FRP internal reinforcement and where to avoid the use of such reinforcement
(3) distinguish between the designs of cost-critical and performance-critical structures.
Executives, engineers (government, PSU and Private) and researchers from manufacturing, service and government organizations including R&D laboratories.
Students at all levels (B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech/Ph.D) or Faculty from academic institutions and technical institutions.
Participants from abroad: US $100 (students), US $200 (others)
Industry/ Research Organizations: Rs. 5000/-
Academic Institutions: Rs. ₹ 1500 (students), Rs. ₹ 3000 (others)
Out station participants can be provided accommodation in the Institute Guest Houses (limited accommodation on firstcum-first serve basis) inside the campus on direct payment. The Registration fee does not include lodging and boarding.
Phone no: +91-8050765791 (M), 0824-2473970 (L).
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
For Official Link, click here.
About the Author