The mechanical behavior of materials provides an idea of material performances under load. During service, materials experience different types of loading environments. Therefore, knowledge of deformation behavior and mechanical properties evolution are essential for structural applications of materials. Hence, NIT Durgapur is organizing a short term course on deformation behavior & Mechanical Properties of Materials.
This course will provide deliberations and hands-on sessions on the deformation behavior of materials under various loading conditions such as tensile, compressive, fatigue, impact, creep, etc. The effect of processing conditions and microstructure on deformation behavior will be discussed.
The short term course is being organized by The National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (formerly Regional Engineering College, Durgapur), which has a glorious past and illustrious present. It has its foundation in the name of Regional Engineering College, Durgapur, which was instituted to function as a pacesetter for engineering education in the country and to foster national integration.
- Deformation fundamentals
- Theory of elasticity and plasticity
- Mechanical testing
- Tensile and compressive loading
- Fracture and fracture mechanics
- Metal forming
Who can Attend?
The program is open to engineering professionals from Industries, faculties from Engineering Institutions / Universities, employees from R&D organizations, students and research scholars.
- Participants from Industries: Rs. 7000/-
- Participants from R&D organizations and faculty members from Academic Institutions: Rs. 5000/-
- Student Participants: Rs. 3000/-
- Filled-in Registration Form along with a demand draft in favor of CEP NIT DURGAPUR payable at Durgapur should be sent to HOD, MME, NIT Durgapur.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- The last date to register is June 15, 2020.
Phone Number: +91 9434788182
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org