Course on Cyber Security at IIT Kharagpur [April 13-17]: Register by Apr 1
IIT Kharagpur is organizing a short term Course on Cyber Security from April 13 to 17, 2020. The aim of this course is to introduce the areas of cryptography and cybersecurity to the participants. This course develops a basic understanding of the algorithms used to protect users online and addresses some of the design choices behind these algorithms.
One of the major focus in this course is to build a workable knowledge of mathematics used in cryptology and cybersecurity. The course emphasizes to provide a basic understanding of previous attacks on cryptosystems with the aim of preventing future attacks.
- Introduction to Classical Cryptography
- Block and Stream cipher
- Data Encryption Standard (DES) & Modes of operations
- Modes of Operations
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Generic attacks on Symmetric Ciphers
- Introduction to Public Key Cryptography
- Key-exchange Protocols
- Secret Sharing
- Elliptic Curve ElGamal
- One-way Functions
- Hash Functions
- Digital Signatures
- Message Authentication Code
- Pseudorandom Generators
- Pretty Good Privacy
- Transport Level Security
- The Secure Socket Layer
- Wireless Network Security
- Electronic Mail System
- Key Distribution Approaches
- Infrastructure Security in Real World
- Protecting Operating Systems
- Defending Against Vulnerabilities
- Local Network Security
- Password Protection
Who can Attend?
Teachers of TEQIP-III approved degree level engineering colleges, Research Scholars, Ph.D., U.G., and P.G. students are invited to apply.
- Nil for TEQIP-III sponsored participants
- For others – INR 10,000/- (Ten thousand) + GST @18% per participant
Accommodation will be provided to the TEQIPIII sponsored participants at the campus Guesthouse. For other participants, the same will be provided on a chargeable basis as per rule.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is April 1, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-3222-283644
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.