About the Course
In recent decades the sustainable conservation of cultural heritage has become a crucial global challenge. In this context, the trend towards largescale urbanization raises questions as to how new development can take place which respects and maintains the intrinsic values and unique qualities which have been handed down from previous generations, particularly within urban areas.
The course addresses these themes by providing participants with the skills to define, explore, conserve, utilize and manage cultural heritage. Throughout the course, you will be introduced to various methodologies and thematic approaches relevant to these skills using the City of Aachen as an example.
Through case studies drawn from Aachen and beyond, you will explore examples at a range of spatial scales; from landscape and city scale to individual buildings and artifacts.
What you’ll learn?
- The process of defining cultural heritage
- Various methods to explore cultural heritage
- Practices dedicated to sustaining cultural heritage and its assets
- Adaptation strategies regarding the utilization and the management of cultural heritage
- WEEK 1: Approaching Cultural Heritage: Introduction to the Course
- WEEK 2: Approaching Aachen: Introduction to the City and its Cultural Heritage
- WEEK 3: Defining Cultural Heritage
- WEEK 4: Exploring Cultural Heritage
- WEEK 5: Conserving, Utilizing and Managing Cultural Heritage
FREE, Add a Verified Certificate for ₹3,596
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Edx through an affiliate programme.