About the Course
Research suggests that lack of crisis resource management skills in the healthcare profession result in at least 100,000 deaths annually in the United States alone. This course will arm you with the critical skills to effectively make decisions and manage teams in a crisis situation, especially teams of strangers—a common occurrence for many health workers dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. The course provides real-life examples and simulations for medical professionals to practice these skills.
Crisis Resource Management (CRM) refers to the non-technical skills required for effective teamwork in a crisis situation. Based on lessons learned in the aviation industry, CRM can be applied in the health care setting and taught to practitioners to help teams to manage and prevent crises. This curriculum emphasizes shared decision-making and appropriate team management that crosses multiple disciplines and professions.
What you’ll learn?
- The history of crisis resource management in the context of the aviation industry
- Factors that affect the performance of complex tasks (Individual, Team, Environment)
- The principles of crisis resource management in the health care environment
- Identification of crisis resource management principles during simulation of health care crises
- The controversies and evidence related to crisis resource management
- Introduction to Crisis Resource Management
History of Crisis Resource Management
Medical Errors in Crisis Resource Management
Monitor Your Surroundings
Know Your Team
Balance Attention: Fixation Error
Balance Attention: Cognitive Load
Balance Attention: Cognitive Aids
Anticipate and Plan
Communication During Crisis
The 3Cs and Communicating Effectively
Call for Help Early
Share the Mental Model
Regain Situational Awareness
Organize to Team
Create Psychological Safety
FREE, Add a Verified Certificate for ₹3,721.
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Edx via an affiliate programme.