Course on Creative Writing by Wesleyan University [Online Classes]: Register Now!
About the Course
This Specialization covers elements of three major creative writing genres: short story, narrative essay, and memoir. You will master the techniques that good writers use to compose a bracing story, populated with memorable characters in an interesting setting, written in a fresh descriptive style. You will analyze and constructively evaluate peer writing. In the Capstone, you will draft, rewrite, and complete a substantial original story in the genre of your choosing.
Our courses are designed for anyone from the aspiring short story writer to established novelist. Whether you have a finished novel sitting on your desk calling for a fresh look or have had the germ of an idea for a decade, this Specialization gives you tools to achieve your goal. Through 4 courses focused on a key aspect of writing, and taken in any order you choose, you will develop a stronger ability to not only refine your writing, but critique writing in general and find inspiration in the works you are already reading.
What you will Learn?
- Short Story Writing
- Fiction Writing
- Copy Editing
There are 5 Courses in this Specialization
- Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot
- Creative Writing: The Craft of Character
- Creative Writing: The Craft of Setting and Description
- Creative Writing: The Craft of Style
- Capstone: Your Story
- Brando Skyhorse Visiting Assistant Professor of Creative Writing English
- Amy Bloom Distinguished University Writer in Residence and Director of the Shapiro Center for Creative Writing
- Amity Gaige Visiting Scholar in Creative Writing
- Salvatore Scibona Frank B. Weeks Visiting Professor of English
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme
About the Author