About the Course
Learning modules are broken into short (<10 minutes) videos presented in straightforward language. This allows providers to learn at their own pace and time. Topics include symptoms and signs in patients with COVID-19, early stabilization of patients, prevention of the need for intubation, and ventilator management of patients. The best evidence and guidelines are summarized while accompanying handouts provide written learning points and links to online references. Additionally, simple infographics are available for providers to utilize within their care facilities to educate and promote optimal care across their entire institution.
The Stanford University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Stanford University School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
What you’ll learn?
- Recognize early and late clinical signs of COVID-19 infection in patients
- Correctly apply, remove, and reuse appropriate personal protective equipment based on COVID-19 exposure risk
- Systematically assess and provide immediate stabilization to undifferentiated sick patients
- Perform a rapid bedside assessment of a dyspneic patient
- Utilize bedside ultrasound to evaluate for COVID-19
- Obtain and interpret key diagnostic tests in COVID-19 patients with dyspnea
- Appropriately position and provide supplemental oxygen to patients with dyspnea
- Administer oral and inhaled therapeutics in COVID-19 patients
- Safely administer high-flow nasal cannula and non-invasive positive pressure ventilation
- Correctly provide bag-mask ventilation using naso- and oropharyngeal airways
- Recognize the need for and perform endotracheal intubation
- Administer appropriate sedative and paralytic medications for intubated patients
- Apply optimal initial ventilator settings in COVID-19 patients
- Troubleshoot common clinical scenarios with patients on ventilators
- Assess and wean clinically improving patients off of ventilators
- Matthew Strehlow Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine Stanford Medicine
- S.V. Mahadevan Professor, Emergency Medicine Stanford Medicine
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.