Course on Computer Simulations with MATLAB Applications for Chemical Engineers at IIT Kharagpur [Apr 20-24]: Register by Mar 31
IIT Kharagpur is organizing a TEQIP III Sponsored Short Term Course on Computer Simulations with MATLAB Applications for Chemical Engineers from April 20 to 24, 2020.
The aim of this course is to introduce various numerical techniques and their applications in solving simple to complex problems of chemical engineering. A wide variety of mathematical equations are involved in the design and analysis of various chemical equipment and processes.
The choice of a suitable numerical technique to stimulate a chemical process requires prior knowledge of various numerical techniques and they are practical implementations. This course is intended to provide detailed principles and working of such numerical techniques for simulating chemical processes with MATLAB as a computing tool.
Process models and simulations involving:
- Non-linear algebraic equations; Applications to equations of state, calculation of friction factor, etc.
- Simultaneous linear equations; Calculation of mass, energy balances, steady-state compositions in continuous flow reactors, etc.
- Ordinary differential equations: Initial value problems; Application to dynamical systems, reaction kinetics, etc.
- Ordinary differential equations: Boundary value problems; Applications to solutions of temperature distribution in a slab, concentration profiles in a catalyst pallet, etc.
- Partial differential equations; Parabolic problems; Applications to the solution of the heat equation in two and three dimensions.
Faculty, students, researchers and practicing engineers from Chemical Engineering and allied areas are welcome to attend the course.
- Faculty members of TEQIP-III approved colleges (seats limited to 20): No fee
- Faculty from other Non- TEQIP-III institutes: INR 10,000/-
- Students from other institutes: INR 6,000/-
- To register online for the course, click here.
- TA, accommodation, and food are not included in course fees.
- The organizer can help the candidates with a booking of accommodation on a chargeable basis, subject to availability of rooms.
- The Course fee for all the candidates includes the registration kit and course materials.
- The last date to register is March 31, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-3222-283920/16
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.