The Short Term Course is about recent progress in electronic structure methods and their applications. The aim is a critical discussion of methods and of possible combinations and challenging applications. Materials science involves disparate length and time scales spanning Angstroms to meters and femtoseconds to years depending on the problem of interest.
The department of Science & Humanities, NIT Nagaland proposes an intensive course on computational Physics involving lectures and hands-on tutorials in atomistic simulations incorporating semi-empirical potentials. The Department of Science and Humanities is a multidisciplinary department and actively involved in research as well as imparting quality teaching of the courses in basic science and humanities for engineering students. The department is equipped with good laboratories for material synthesis, characterization, and applications.
National Institute of Technology Nagaland, a premier institute of higher learning, is one of the thirty-one institutes established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The institute is one of the 31 NITs which falls under the ambit of the “Institute of National Importance”.
- Vector Calculus and its application in electric and magnetic fields.
- Theory of Relativity and Tensor Geometry Numerical Differentiation
- Numerical Integration
- Numerical techniques in physics
- Density functional theory
- Molecular dynamics
- Monte-Carlo method
Who can Attend?
- Faculty & (Educational Institutions)
- Student & Research Scholars
- Industry Persons
- Faculties: INR 1,000/-
- Research Scholars: INR 500/-
- Industry Person: INR 2,000/-
- The filled registration form with scanned DD should be sent to mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the Registration Deadline.
- The Demand Draft (DD) should be in favor of “Director, NIT Nagaland”, payable at SBI Chumukedima, Nagaland.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- The last date to register is October 25, 2019.
Phone Number: +91-9401019927
Email ID: email@example.com