Course on Communities at Risk and Disaster at IIT Delhi [Feb 24-28]: Register by Feb 12
About IIT Delhi
The Indian Institute of Technology Delhi is a public technical university and research institution located in Hauz Khas, New Delhi, India. Established in 1961, was formally inaugurated August 1961 by Prof. Humayun Kabir, Minister of Scientific Research & Cultural Affairs. First admissions were made in 1961.
About the Course
The five-day Certificate Course on Communities at Risk and Disaster: An Interdisciplinary Perspective is organized at IIT Delhi from Feb 24-28, 2020. The program will expose participants to recent debates, trends, and relevant policy shifts in DRR and how national and state governments are engaged in disaster preparedness and professionals are responding to these emergent challenges on the ground.
- Basic Concepts, Understanding Disasters and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
- Risk Society and Community Resilience
- Sustainable Development Goals and Sendai Framework
- Law, Institutions and Disaster Governance
- Urban Environment and Citizens
- Risk Insurance
- Blue Green Infrastructure as DRR and CCA Tool
- National Disaster Management Plan
- State Disaster Management Plans (select)
- Human Trafficking, and Gender Dimensions of Disaster
- Non-Humans and Disaster
- Case studies of Natural Disaster (Sikkim/Kerala/Kashmir)
- Field Visit and interaction with National Disaster Response Professionals
Who can Participate?
Faculty members and research scholars from TEQIP III affiliated institutions and colleges. Seats are limited to 30 participants and accommodation at the IIT Delhi guesthouse and or hostels are available only for 20-26 participants.
- For TEQIP III approved institutes, there is no course fee.
- For non-TEQIP III institutes, the participants will be charged a nominal fee of Rs 2500/-.
How to Register?
Interested participants can email the application form(duly filled, signed/authorized by the competent authority, and a scanned) to the Course Coordinator – Dr Vibha Arora at the following address: crdm2020.arora[at]gmail.com & aurora[at]hss.iitd.ac.in latest by 12 February 2020.
- Last date of registration/application: 12 February 2020
- Intimation of selection to participants: 15 February 2020
Dr Vibha Arora (aurora[at]hss.iitd.ac.in)
For more details, click here.
About the Author