The Centre for Rural Technology, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati invites applications for the five days online QIP Short Term Course on Challenges and Opportunities in Solid and Liquid Waste Management from November 2 to 6, 2020.
The Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, the sixth member of the IIT fraternity, was established in 1994 and academic programs commenced in 1995. At present, the Institute has eleven departments covering the major engineering and science disciplines.
With one of the most beautiful campuses in the continent, the infrastructure for teaching and carrying out advanced research is world-class, is equipped with state-of-the-art engineering and scientific instruments. The IIT Guwahati campus stands on a sprawling 285 hectares of land on the north bank of the river Brahmaputra.
- Creating general awareness about the importance of Sanitation, waste management, water, and hygiene.
- Promoting innovative thinking in the development and dissemination of technologies to deal with problems associated with sanitation, waste management, water, and hygiene with respect to the present scenario.
- Effective management of biomedical and health-care waste in addition to the municipal/ rural waste (appropriate identification, collection, separation, storage, transportation, treatment, and disposal).
- Understanding the Challenges in the field of Sanitation, waste management during the present scenario.
- Identify research needs in the current situation.
- Awareness to ensure health and safety measures and hand hygiene.
The short term course is designed in such a way that the participants will gain knowledge on the conventional ways to deal with solid, liquid waste management and the challenges we are facing now due to the current situation and how that needs to be coped up. They will also get to learn the opportunities opened up for new technologies to be developed to curve the crisis being faced.
Faculty members of IIT Guwahati and guest faculty members from other premier Institutions/Organizations will deliver lectures.
Who can Attend?
The course/ event is open to faculty members and research scholars from all TEQIP mapped institutions/ Engineering Colleges/ ATUs and non-TEQIP mapped institutions.
No course fee is charged for candidates who belong to TEQIP mapped institutions/ Engineering colleges/ ATUs. Participants from Industry, Government organizations, and Non-TEQIP mapped institutions are eligible, provided they pay the course fee of Rs. 5000/- for faculty members and Rs. 3000/- for Research Scholars and Postdoctoral Researchers respectively.
How to Apply?
To download the registration form, click here.
Candidates are requested to please send the scanned copy of the filled-up application by email to the following Email ID: email@example.com. The last date to register is October 30, 2020.
Dr. Meena Khwairakpam, Prof. Ajay Kalamdhad
Centre for Rural Technology
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Guwahati – 781 039, Assam, India.
For full notification, click the link below.