This five days short term course is intended to cover the theoretical and practical aspects of the recent technological advancements made in analysis, design and mitigation of blast loaded structures using advanced materials. The speakers will initiate an introduction to the concepts of disaster mitigation, mitigation strategies to be adopted during the planning, concepts of structural dynamics, advanced materials and their properties for analysis and design along with their behaviour under such situation. The course will include blast phenomena and its interaction with structures, their analysis and design.
This course is proposed with an aim of educating the participants for mitigation of disaster due to the blast. This is intended to achieve through blast resistant design aspects by making use of available commercial finite element (FE) packages too. The course will provide a unique opportunity to learn basics of blast analysis of structures using the FE software and subsequent design.
- Blast Phenomena, Waves, and Interaction with Structures
- Blast Mitigation Concepts, Mitigation Strategies, Structural Dynamics Concepts
- Advanced Materials and their Properties for Short Term Loading
- Blast Resistant Design of Above-Ground and Underground Structures
- Indian/ International Standards and Codes of Practice
- Numerical Analysis Tools/Hands-on Experience on Blast Analysis and Design
Who should Register
- Engineers from chemical industries involved in maintenance and safety
- Scientists from government research and development (R&D) organizations
- Government officers (Defence ministries)
- Faculty members of engineering colleges
- Practicing engineers and design consultants
How to Register
The registration form is available here.
The participant fee is NIL for the faculty from AICTE approved institutions.
The registration for AICTE approved institution is limited to first 50 applicants.
Apart from this, few seats are available for Practicing Engineers, Design Consultants, Scientists from government R&D organizations and private industries with a fee of Rs. 10,000 per participant.
Last Date of Registration: July 31, 2019
Course Dates: August 26-30, 2019
Dr. M. D. Goel
Department of Applied Mechanics,
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT),
South Ambazari Road, Nagpur – 440 010, Maharashtra, India.
Phone: +91- 712–2801419, 7722043252
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com