About the Course
This Specialization will develop and enhance your understanding of the global field of journalism. You’ll learn best practices and ethical standards for newsgathering processes and compiling a news report through hands-on projects, peer-to-peer feedback, and issue exploration.
You will also study journalism’s impact on societal issues and trends, plus explore career opportunities in newspapers, magazine, social media, Internet multimedia, television, radio, corporate and community journalism. The final Capstone project will guide you through the journalistic portfolio process, where you will conceptualize, report and complete a professional-quality news report.
There are 5 Courses in this Specialization
- What is news?
- Gathering and Developing the News
- Effectively delivering the news to your audience
- Journalism, the future, and you!
- Capstone: Create your own professional journalistic portfolio
- Joanne Gerstner Sports Journalist in Residence Michigan State University School of Journalism
- Eric Freedman Instructor School of Journalism
- Joe Grimm Instructor School of Journalism
- David Poulson Instructor School of Journalism
- Jeremy Steele Specialist Michigan State University School of Journalism
- Lucinda D. Davenport Director & Professor School of Journalism
To enroll in this program, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.