The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras is organizing an Online Short Term Course on Basic Electrical Circuits from July 20 to October 9, 2020
The course will first teach the participants about electrical quantities-voltage and current-relevant to such circuits and learn about basic elements (R, L, C, controlled sources) and their properties. Participants will then get to learn about general analysis techniques that can be applied to arbitrary circuits and also discuss circuit theorems and rudiments of negative feedback circuit using the opamp.
After taking this course, one should be able to analyze memoryless linear circuits.
- Preliminaries; Current and voltage; Electrical elements and circuits; Kirchhoff’s laws, Basic elements: Voltage and current sources, R, L, C, M; Linearity of elements.
- Elements in series and parallel, Controlled sources.
- Power and energy in electrical elements, Circuit Analysis Methods.
- Nodal analysis, Extending nodal analysis with different sources.
- Mesh analysis, Circuit theorems.
- More circuit theorems, Two-port parameters.
- Two-port parameters continued, Reciprocity in resistive networks.
- Opamp and negative feedback, Opamps continued: Example circuits and additional topics.
- First Order Circuits, First Order Circuits continued.
- Second-order system-Natural response, Second-order system-Cont’d
Interested candidates can register online for the course by clicking here. The course will be covered in a duration of 12 weeks from July 20, 2020, to October 9, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in IIT Kharagpur’s Online Course on Robotics [Jul 20-Sept 11]: Register by July 27.