Course on Ballistic Material Manufacturing & Modeling at IIT Delhi [Dec 9-13]: Registrations Open
IIT Delhi is one of the oldest technological institutes in India. The institute has nearly 35 academic units that impart knowledge on Engineering, Science, Design, Social Science, among others. IIT Delhi has been instrumental in providing solutions to technological and societal problems through its academic and research activities.
The course objectives are to introduce computational tools for ballistic materials along with associated manufacturing techniques. Hands-on training of computational tools will be a major part of the course.
- Understanding of manufacturing techniques for composites and ceramics.
- Appreciation of computational tools for simulation of composite and ceramics materials.
- Introduction to high-velocity impacts – projectiles, defeating threats, gathering data from impact events and case studies.
- Using finite element analysis for design by analysis – components of a model for impact analysis and case studies.
- Composite material testing equipment and methods
- Ceramics modelling-Introduction to Peridynamics
- Improving manufacturability of UHMWPE hard panels using testing and regression analysis
- Composite material testing equipment and methods. Part 2 – Case study involving T800/F3900 unidirectional composite
- Introduction to LS-DYNA for Impact Analysis
- Failure modeling of composite materials – challenges and opportunities
- Experiments with Gas Gun on molded armor plates
- Water jet machining of composites.
Who can Attend?
The course is designed for postgraduate students, scientists working in the field of ballistics and personnel working in ballistic and related industrial establishments. An understanding of manufacturing and mechanics of FRP composites and ceramic materials, and Fundamentals of finite element method and model building.
- Students (PG only): Rs. 10,000
- Government Lab Scientist: Rs. 40,000
- Industry Personnel: Rs. 60,000
- The course has limited seats to offer which will be allotted based on first come first serve.
- Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
Phone Number: 011-2659-1223
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.