Course on Approaches in Travel Behavior Research @ IISc Bangalore [Aug 9-13]: Registrations Open
About the Course
The increased focus on demand centric approaches has resulted in the emergence of traffic engineering and management, demand management, travel behaviour, and transportation planning and policy as key research areas of transportation engineering (TE) today. Problem solving in demand centric approaches of transportation engineering is heavily based on modelling, optimization, and data sciences (probability and statistics).
In this context, travel behavior research has particularly emerged as an important investigative area covering mathematical modeling aspects such as agent-based activity-travel demand modeling and new econometric modeling structures. Such analyses are critical to implementing informed and effective transportation plans and policies. Further, activity based travel behavior analysis and modelling framework is fundamentally different than the traditional travel demand modeling approach in terms of using an activity episode as the basic unit of modelling rather than the individual trip.
The proposed GIAN course will cover various theoretical approaches and case studies related to the above mentioned facets of travel behavior research to build capacity in this domain for effective decision support on transportation planning and policy in India.
▪ Executives, engineers and researchers, students at all levels (BTech/MSc/MTech/PhD)
▪ Faculty from reputed academic institutions and technical institutions
1. Participants from abroad (other than SAARC countries): US $500
2. Participants from India & SAARC countries:
▪ Professionals from Industry/ Govt. organizations/ Think Tanks or NGOs: Rs. 30,000
▪ Professionals from Academic Institutions/ Research Organizations: Rs. 10,000
▪ Students: Rs. 2,000
Ph: +91-80-2293 2329/ 2360 9223/ 22932939 (O),
Fax: +91-80-2360 0404
For Official Link, click here.
About the Author