The Department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal is organizing an Online Course on Applications of Power Electronics to Renewable Energy Sources from January 4 to 9, 2020.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India.
There are 13 Departments offering eight undergraduate and 32 post-graduate programs besides doctoral programs. About 5000 students across the country and about 500 international students study on the campus. It is a fully residential campus sprawling over 250 acres with excellent infrastructure, state of the art library, seminar halls, guest houses, and laboratories.
- Overview of Power Quality Issues, Standards and Power Electronics – Inverters, DC-DC converters
- Passive, Active, and Hybrid compensators.
- Power Quality improvement and active power injection using Solar System
- Simulation of power converters, shunt, and series active power filters
- Demonstration of DSpace, and experimental setup of shunt active power filter
- Smart Transformer applications in PQ improvement and Renewable energy source Integration
- Recent Trends in Power Electronics for Sustainable Energy
- Renewable energy sources and its connectivity to the power grid
Who can Attend?
The program is open to all the faculty members, research scholars, and students of all educational/ research institutions. Working Professionals from Industry and R&D Organizations.
The registration fee is ₹500/- per participant. The number of participants is limited to fifty and the participants will be selected on a first-come-first-served basis.
The registration fee may be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account: Account Number: 62403680215 (Savings Account); Account Name: Center for Continuing Education NITW; Bank Name: State Bank of India (SBI); Branch: NIT Warangal; IFSC Code: SBIN0020149.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is December 14, 2020.
Dr. G Siva Kumar
Department of Electrical Engineering
NIT Warangal, Warangal – 506 004,
For full notification, click the link below.