About the Organiser
The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (abbreviated as IITB or IIT Bombay) is a public engineering institution located in Powai, Mumbai, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance. A committee formed by the Government of India recommended the establishment of four higher institutes of technology to set the direction for the development of technical education in the country in 1946.
About the Course
Data is all around us and many organizations realize the huge potential of Analytics in turning data into revenue. Analytics has become a major driving force and trained, competent professionals in Analytics are very much in demand. Its impact on management has created a demand for an entirely new array of leaders. These emerging knowledge leaders must be able to effectively and efficiently guide their organizations into the future, by continuing technical advancements and increasing reliance on analytics to remain competitive in business.
Through a four day guided tour on various aspects of Analytics, this foundational course aims to provide hands-on skills and knowledge to be able to analyze, interpret, and derive crucial insights about data in a given business setting. Completing the programme will ensure that the participants demonstrate to their potential or current employer that they understand and appreciate the various approaches of analytics to deliver real benefits.
- To demonstrate the power of data analytics using case studies
- To explore data for understanding data characteristics
- To learn appropriate statistical techniques for analysing data
- To gain hands-on skills through lab sessions
- To interpret and derive useful insights
- To understand and appreciate the use of Analytics in real-world problems
Graduates with minimum 2 years of work experience / Post Graduates are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to the applicants with Graduation / Post Graduation in Mathematics / Statistics / Operations Research and experience in the broader domain of Analytics. Screening and selection will be done by the course coordinator.
- Curriculum delivered by a blend of experienced faculty and industry experts
- Lab sessions on R
- Combination of lectures, case studies and class discussions to facilitate understanding of Analytics in data-driven decision making.
Who may Benefit?
The program is suitable for anyone who is interested in starting a new career in analytics or those who are already working in this domain to enhance their knowledge. For analysts who need to develop the skills and competencies and desire an in-depth understanding and grasp of key techniques, this Program takes the practitioners to the next level.
- Data and Statistics
- Descriptive Statistics
- Data Exploration
- Normal Distribution
- Testing of Hypotheses
- Simple Linear Regression
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Unsupervised Learning
- Sessions on real-life applications of Analytics will also be conducted by experts
Rs.71980/- per participant inclusive of GST.
How to Register?
Interested candidates can apply for the course through this link.
After registering online, please send the scanned copies of the following documents to analytics[at]som.iitb.ac.in
- Copy of Last Degree Certificate and Mark sheet
- Work profile not exceeding 100 words
- Passport size photo
Dec 10, 2019
Coordinator: Prof. Usha Ananthakumar