With the advancement of technology and finite analysis, structural engineering has become a part and parcel of the construction process for both building and non–building structures. Expert structural engineers are being entrusted with the responsibility to make designs, structural analysis, steel detailing, and safety assessment of structures to be constructed.
Keeping this backdrop in mind, NIT Kuruksetra is organizing a short term course on Advances in Structural Engineering. The course will help the structural engineers to update the knowledge of the field which may assure error-free design, risk analysis, effective cost and material estimation, and creative use of individual structural elements.
The participants will learn the basics of the following areas:
- Steel-Concrete Composite Construction
- Impact Analysis of RCC Structures
- Effect of Fire on RCC Structures
- Soil-Structure Interaction
- Prediction of life of an existing structure
- Wind/ Earthquake Analysis
- High Strength Concrete
- Advances in Concrete Technology
- Health Monitoring and Retrofitting of Structures
- Concrete Pavement Design and Construction
Who can Apply?
Faculty members/research scholars from academic institutes approved by the AICTE/ UGC/ MHRD and Scientists/ Engineers working in Private/ Public/ Government Organizations/ Industries, etc. can attend the course. The application should be made on the registration form and should accompany an ID proof & registration fee.
- Full-time Ph. D. Research scholars /M. Tech. Students: Rs. 1500/-
- Faculty Members/ Part-time Ph. D. Research Scholars: Rs. 3000/-
- Industrial Professionals: Rs. 6000/-
- Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
- Participants will be provided with meals and tea during the sessions.
- However, accommodation can be arranged in the hostel/guest house on a nominal payment basis subject to availability.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the participants.
- The participants will be selected on a first-come-first-serve basis up to a maximum of 40.
- The registration form, complete in all respects, duly forwarded by the Head of the Institution/Department, accompanied by a demand draft of the requisite amount should reach on or before Dec. 01, 2019.
Phone Number: +91-7206514129
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org