Water pollution has emerged as a major environmental issue worldwide in recent times. For
environmental pollution control and policy planning, there is a need for water quality data at various spatiotemporal scales.
As the conventional water quality measuring networks are too expensive to maintain, advanced remote sensing-based techniques could be the next-generation tools for water quality monitoring and pollution vulnerability analysis.
This course has been devised to train the academicians and water managers on the basic
concept of GIS and Remote Sensing techniques to process the optically sensitive parameters of water pollutants both in the stagnant and moving water bodies.
the physics behind the integration of pollutant concentrations with the band-specific reflectance of the satellite images, direct and indirect spectral fusion algorithms for spatiotemporally downscaling the remote sensing data to assess pollution at daily scale with a spatial resolution of 30 m or finer, and hands-on exercises to assess the water quality in real-time through real case study.
- Introduction to water quality parameters in rivers and lakes
- Pollutants in water and their optical properties
- Concept of quantitative estimation of pollutants based on their optical properties
- Concept of remote sensing and data processing using GIS
- Satellite data sources for water quality estimation and pre-processing
- The direct approach of the spectral algorithm for estimating pollutant concentrations
- Indirect approach of spectral fusion technique for estimating pollutant concentrations
- Pollution vulnerability analysis
- Knowing the basic GIS operations through hands-on exercises (Raster and vector analysis,
- River shape file orientation, satellite band selection, Raster calculator application)
- For industry personnel – INR 20,000/- (Twenty thousand) + GST@18% per participant
- For students- INR 10,000/-(Ten thousand) per participant
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
The last date to register is September 3, 2019.
Phone Number: +91-3222-2818884
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org