Course on Advances in Urban Planning: Needs of 21st Century Cities at IIT Bombay [Nov 22-23]: Register by Nov 8
Challenges in urban planning and management have evolved considerably over time. Ineffectiveness in integrating sustainable and efficient planning principles with traditional schools of thought while considering the dynamics of human settlement has often plagued our city life. With smart city initiatives, the impact of ICT could be a phenomenon. This course would encompass the holistic development of urban planning initiatives globally and nationally with a focus on micro-to-macro level analyses.
Several state-of-the-art concepts and their implementation strategies in different facets of the urban planning field would be discussed with respect to the current socio-economic challenges of the city. While the cities also connoted as ‘urban systems grow or shrink based on their economic attractiveness, the course would discuss the policies and practices that emerged as best practices across the globe.
The second part of the course would encompass hands-on exposure to the GIS environment to deal with location-allocation models to have better service delivery with respect to the catchment. The course would encompass several multi-sectoral examples to elucidate the concepts of efficient and seamless planning.
- Urban Planning for modern India (Day 01)
- Concept of Urban Planning,
- Basics of population projections,
- Compact city development,
- land-use transport interaction,
- planning for recreational open spaces,
- planning for public health Infrastructure,
- Housing policy and planning,
- environment-sensitive urban planning,
- urban planning with effective emergency responses.
- Computer-based simulations in urban settings,
- Application of GIS and open data in Urban Planning (Day 02)
- Software-based simulation techniques,
- Open data in urban planning,
- Location Allocation modeling and network analysis for cities,
- Application of machine learning in Urban Planning.
Who can Attend?
This course is useful for municipal corporations, planning agencies, practicing architects and urban planners, college teachers and researchers. This will be a great opportunity for young architects/planners interested to enhance their skills, especially students.
The course will also serve as a platform for participants to meet, network and discuss problems and solutions through our mutual interests in urban planning. Software training relevant software products will be demonstrated during the course.
To register online, click here.
The last date to register is November 8, 2019.
Phone Number: 022 2572 2545
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.