IIT Bhubaneswar is organizing a Short Term Course on Advancement in Manufacturing Processes & Techniques from June 15 to June 19, 2020.
The present course has been designed to introduce the advancement in different manufacturing processes, including conventional machining of advanced materials, laser material processing techniques, like cutting, drilling, grooving, etc., hybrid machining, additive manufacturing, severe plastic deformation techniques, etc.
Along with the basic phenomena and advances in these processes, this course also focuses on some of the specific industrial applications specifically in aerospace, medical and nuclear industry, their challenges and corresponding technological innovations.
- Laser additive manufacturing
- Laser cutting, grooving, and drilling,
- Water assisted laser processing
- Super finish processes
- Machining of hard materials
- Hybrid machining processes (VAM, LAM),
- Modeling and simulation in machining
- Minimum quantity lubrication, Cryogenics in machining
- Severe plastic deformation processes
- Modeling of solidification in manufacturing
- Robotics and automation in manufacturing, AR/VR in manufacturing
- Laser-based sensing techniques.
The proposed course under QIP program of AICTE is aimed at educating faculties, researchers and scientists working in the field of Mechanical/ Production/ Manufacturing Engineering with special emphasis on Concurrent Manufacturing Techniques, various issues, and applications.
The course would cover the broad spectrum of contemporary and futuristic manufacturing. The course would have the lab component too. The lectures would be taken by the faculty members of IIT Bhubaneswar and the invited speakers from other IITs.
- AICTE approved Institutes (QIP participant): Free up to 30 participants (on First Come First Serve basis); Beyond 30 seats: Rs.6000/+18% GST (Total Rs.7080/-).
- Sponsored: Non-AICTE approved Institutes /Univ./Research Organization/Industry): Rs. 8000/-+18% GST per person (Total Rs.9440/-).
To download the registration form, click here. Candidates are requested to send the filled-in registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested inOnline Course on Machine Learning using Python by IIT Roorkee [Apr 20-29]: Register by Apr 19.