This short-term hands-on course will introduce participants to the concepts, methods, and tools for biomolecular characterization. This TEQIP course will cover the commonly used biochemical and biomolecular characterization techniques that are very useful for bioscience students and researchers.
In this course, we would introduce the quantitative estimation of biomolecules and drugs within. This course would also introduce the students and researchers with the use of optics-based characterization tools in the field of biosciences and biomedical engineering. Advancement of the biomedical field through nanotechnology in diagnosis and therapy of diseases will also be discussed.
This is an active learning-based course and comprised of lectures, tutorials, and hand-on training/demonstrations. This course would give hands-on experience on the following molecular biology/biophysical techniques. Under this course candidates would be trained on the following instruments:
- Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Absorption Spectroscopy
- Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting (FACS)
- Gel- electrophoresis
- Real-time PCR (RT-PCR)
Who can Attend?
This course is tailor-made for the students, researchers, and faculty members from the disciplines of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, and Physical Sciences.
- There is no fee for participants (students/faculty) from TEQIP sponsored colleges. The nominations along with the registration forms must be sent through their coordinator to the address below. Email confirmation in advance is suggested.
- Non-TEQIP Colleges: The fee is ₹ 2000 for students/research scholars and ₹ 4000 for faculty.
- For industry personnel, the fee is ₹ 6000.
- Accommodation may be available at hostels/guest houses of IIT Indore on the chargeable basis.
- Early registration is recommended due to a limited number of seats. Participants are required to bring their own laptops.
Registration fee includes course material, refreshment and working lunches.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here. The last date to register is November 30, 2019.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org