This course aims to provide an overview of the available active/passive damping techniques for structural vibration control starting from the historical background to the advanced methodologies. The advanced technologies in the utilization of active and/or passive damping materials involve the mechanics-based design of piezoelectric and viscoelastic composites.
Therefore, an overview of active, passive and active-passive damping mechanisms in the recent active and passive damping composites will also be provided. Additionally, the mathematical modeling of the recent active and/or passive damping treatments will be discussed for a variety of structures. A special focus is laid on the micromechanics of composites especially for analytical and numerical homogenization of piezoelectric and viscoelastic composites.
- Passive damping techniques for structural vibration control
- Viscoelastic damping composites
- Smart materials, smart structures, active control of structural vibration
- Piezoelectric composite actuators
- Active-passive hybrid damping techniques in structural vibration control
- Analytical and numerical homogenization of piezoelectric and viscoelastic composites
- Optimization techniques for multimodal active/passive vibration control
- Analytical and finite element modeling of layered composite structures
- Control approaches in the active vibration control
- Hands-on practice on the numerical homogenization of piezoelectric and carbon-fiber composites
Who can Attend?
The course/event is open to Faculty members/Students from TEQIP mapped Institutions/Engineering Colleges/ATUs. No course fee is charged. TA & DA for the eligible participants will be reimbursed from their respective institutions.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- Candidates are requested to send the registration form to Dr. Satyajit Panda, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, North Guwahati, Guwahati-781039, Assam.
- Boarding and lodging facilities (Guest House/Hostel rooms or other permissible accommodation) will be provided for the participants from TEQIP mapped institutions.
- Selection will be based on a First cum first-served basis and subject to the deposition of the refundable fee (Rs 2000.00) in the form of demand draft in favor of Registrar, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati, Assam 781039.
- Last date to apply: 29/12/2019
- payment of Refundable fee: 02/01/2020
- Intimation of selection: 03/01/2020
Phone Number: 0361-2582664
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org