The Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu is organizing a course on 3D Printing and Design from March 9 to 13, 2020. The course is open to teachers and Ph.D. scholars from AICTE recognized engineering colleges.
The course will help demonstrate the use of 3D printing and design to various engineering applications. This course will allow scholars or scientists to discover for themselves the potential and limitations of 3D printing through a build intensive design project.
This course will provide an excellent option for anyone who ever wanted to prototype an invention, create a work of art, customize a product.
The following topics are covered in the 14 sessions
- Introduction to Additive Manufacturing (AM)
- Introduction to CAD Modelling
- Introduction to Various 3D Printing Technology
- History of Digital Manufacturing
- Materials for 3D printing
- AM of Metals
- Material extrusion-based additive manufacturing
- Application of 3D Printing for Different Medical applications like Dentistry, Customized Implants, and Prostheses
- Interactive Session: Design Case Study and Design for 3D print
- Hands-On Sessions On 3D Printing Techniques
- There is no registration fee from any participant.
- No TA/DA will be paid to any participant.
- Participants will have to make their stay arrangements during the five days.
- Only tea during sessions/working lunch will be provided to the participants.
- On completion of the program on all the days, participants will be awarded a certificate of participation by respective ATAL academy.
- Only limited seats are available in this course. Merit and availability of funds will be taken into consideration while selecting candidates.
- The application on the enclosed form duly signed by the sponsoring authority, should reach us by speed post/sent by email latest by 31.01.2020.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- Candidates are requested to send the filled-in the registration form to Dr. R.T. Durai Prabhakaran
Coordinator, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Jammu.
- The candidate will be informed of his/her selection in advance through email. The lectures will be delivered by the faculties of IIT.
Email ID: email@example.com