The Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS), Mumbai invites applications for the posts of Counselors for its Saksham Pravaah project.
Saksham which means “Capable” or “Self- reliant” in Sanskrit is a TISS project that implements counseling services for Drug-Resistant (DR) TB patients in collaboration with the Mumbai District Tuberculosis (TB) Control Society (MDTCS).
Tata Institute of Social Sciences is a multi-campus public research university in Mumbai, India. It is Asia’s oldest institute for professional social work education and was founded in 1936 in then Bombay Presidency of British India as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work by the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust.
- Provide counseling services to family members of the DR TB patients and refer them for TB diagnosis if required.
- Liaise with District TB staff to monitor treatment adherence of TB patients at the community level.
- Improve TB-HIV linkages and link them with ART centers.
- Link DR TB patients to social protection schemes and other health services as required.
- Ensure timely documentation & reporting as per program need.
- Maintain registers and records as per Saksham, TISS guidelines.
- Attend quarterly meetings as specified by Saksham, TISS.
- Postgraduate in Social Work (Health & Mental Health or Public Health or Community Organization)/ M.A. (Counselling or Clinical Psychology)/ Master in Public Health/ Master in Health Administration.
- MSW in HR will not be considered.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience in health-related counseling. E.g., HIV/ AIDS, RCH, TB, STI, ART, suicide prevention.
- Good communication skills – written as well as spoken – in English, Hindi and local Language.
- Knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, and PPT.
- Willingness to travel within the assigned district.
- Willingness to work with TB patients and their caregivers.
- Candidates from Bangalore city will be preferred.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to send the following documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following subject line as ‘Counselor-Saksham Pravaah’:
- A Cover Letter
- Your updated curriculum vitae with your academic record and experience.
The last date to apply is August 25, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the interview.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.