Applications are invited for Counselor Under UNDP Project at TISS Mumbai for the year 2021. The last date of application is 20 July 2021.
About the Project
iCALL in partnership with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is developing interventions for addressing psychosocial issues faced by vulnerable populations due to the COVID 19 pandemic in 13 Indian States.
The project involves training and capacity building of district level staff and frontline workers, functionalisation of a counselling helpline for vulnerable populations. The counselling helpline aims to offer psychosocial support and referrals to the community in times of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Counselling or Clinical Psychology
- Have relevant experience of minimum of 6 months – 1 year
- Speak English and Hindi and at least one regional language fluently and possess good writing skills in English
- Be skilled in the use of computers for the purpose of documentation, data analysis and email-based counselling
- Be willing to commit for a duration of at least 6 months
- Have sound knowledge of therapeutic process skills and psychotherapy
- Be willing to work in shifts on a weekly rotational basis
The candidate shall report directly to the Programme Coordinator and the Programme Officers at iCALL, and shall be responsible for the following:
- Answering calls, maintaining records, monthly reports of the calls, attending on the helpline
- Develop training modules for community cadres working working in implementing programme
- Assist with proof reading and editing of IEC material designed and translated by the iCALL
- Assist with hosting online trainings for community cadres while coordinating with the Programme Officer
Selected candidates will have to undergo training before they start attending to actual calls. Counselling will be a supervised activity whereby an opportunity to learn and upgrade themselves on one hand and to take care of their own mental health issues on the other, will provided on an ongoing basis.
The position is initially for a period of 6 months, and will be extended depending on performance. Please note that this is a full-time position. Interested applicants may e-mail us their CV on icallhelpline[at]gmail.com with the subject line ‘Application for the post of counsellor – UNDP Project’ before the 20th of July 2021. Applications received later than the aforementioned date will not be considered.
You may also be interested in: