TISS Mumbai invites applications for Counsellor, Saksham Pravaah for the year 2021. The last date of application is 18 April 2021.
- Name of the Post: Counsellor, Saksham Pravaah
- Location: Ratnagiri, PCMC, Kalyan, Vasai-Virar MC (Maharashtra)
- Duration: Till March 2024
Post graduate in Social Work (Health & Mental Health or Public Health or Community Organization)/ M.A. (Counselling or Clinical Psychology)/ Master in Public Health/ Master in Health Administration. MSW in HR will not be considered.
You might also be interested in: WTO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) 2022 [Salary Rs. 2 L/Month]: Apply by April 29
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience in health related counselling. E.g., HIV/AIDS, RCH, TB, STI, ART, suicide prevention.
- Good communication skills – written as well as spoken – in English, Hindi and local Language.
- Knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel and PPT.
- Willingness to travel within the assigned district.
- Willingness to work with TB patients and their caregivers.
- Local candidates will be preferred.
- Register Drug Resistant (DR) TB patients for counselling services and provide regular counselling to ensure treatment adherence.
- Undertake home visits to DR TB patients within the district for providing follow up counselling
- Provide counseling services to family members of the DR TB patients and refer them for TB diagnosis if required
- Liaise with District TB staff to monitor treatment adherence of TB patient at community level
- Improve TB-HIV linkages and link with ART centers.
- Link DR TB patients to social protection schemes and other health services as required
- Ensure timely documentation & reporting as per program need.
- Maintain registers and records as per Saksham, TISS guidelines
- Attend quarterly meetings as specified by Saksham, TISS
Please send the following documents by e-mail to hr.sakshamp[at]gmail.com along with the following subject line as ‘Counselor, (District name)– Saksham Pravaah’
- A Cover Letter (Mention the district applying for)
- Your updated curriculum vitae with your academic record and experience.