Discovery India is seeking to hire eligible candidates for the role of Coordinator – Content Planning and Scheduling for its office in Mumbai.
About the Company
Discovery, Inc. is an American multinational mass media factual television company based in New York City. Established in 1985, the company primarily operates a group of factual and lifestyle television brands, such as the namesake Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Science Channel, and TLC.
In 2018, the company acquired Scripps Networks Interactive, adding networks such as Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel to its portfolio. Since the purchase, Discovery has described itself as serving members of “passionate” audiences and has also placed a larger focus on streaming services built around its properties, such as Discovery+.
- Strategic planning and scheduling of our channels based on effective utilization of the content pipeline, rating analysis, and target audience.
- Communicating content curation priorities with creative, media planning, marketing, affiliate sales, and ad sales teams to ensure both revenue and promotional opportunities are maximized.
- Evaluation and acquisition of content to meet the needs of the channel.
- Maximizing the value of our available inventory by developing programming stunts to drive channel performance.
- Ensure the smooth running of our VOD service by working closely with affiliates and partners on content selection and with the media operations team on content delivery.
- Support the growth of a new business, content opportunities, and portfolio development through analysis of market intelligence, content curation knowledge, and industry research.
- Fluency in written and verbal communication of the Tamil language.
- 3+ years of experience working in media.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, demonstrating the ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- Display a keen eye for detail and strong communication skills.
- Flexible, positive attitude with a commitment to ongoing, on-the-job education.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong interest and passion in content.
- Knowledge of IBMS a plus.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply for the post through this link.