Applications are invited for Content Writer at IIT Gandhinagar for the year 2022. The last date of application is 7 March.
IIT Gandhinagar is looking for a content writer for creating engaging online and offline content of its various initiatives. The candidate will work primarily with the Institutional Advancement office, but should be able to comfortably handle writing-centric projects in allied areas.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, Writing, Marketing, Journalism or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant writing experience.
- Excellent English skills, with clearly demonstrated ability in writing in various diverse styles / tones.
- Excellent familiarity with software such as Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Working knowledge of social media design platforms like Canva.
- Knowledge of keyword research, placement and SEO best practices.
- Self-motivated, creative, positive and innovative thinker with good time management skills including adherence to tight deadlines.
- Good research, organizational and learning abilities.
Duration of Appointment
Consolidated Monthly Pay: 35,000 -50,000 per month
- Create new content for institute webpages, social media, blogs, articles, emails, newsletters, brochures, proposals, etc.
- Rewrite and repurpose existing material to fit current needs and priorities.
- Research and organize facts on the assigned topic and content type, and organize writing ideas around them.
- Compose engaging and informative content to connect with the target audience such as institute donors, alumni, external foundations and corporations.
- Proofread and edit content for accuracy, flow, etc. including that from other writers and provide feedback when necessary.
- Ensure that all content is search engine optimized (SEO) for relevant keywords.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with designers and creative teams for new ideas and strategies.
This is a full-time position. To apply, please send a Cover Letter, Resume and 3 writing samples to Mouli Kethineedi (mouli[at]iitgn.ac.in). For candidates with a larger writing portfolio, please provide a link to the portfolio in the Resume.
Last date to apply: 7th March 2022.
You may also be interested in: