About IT for Change
IT for Change is an NGO based in Bengaluru, India. IT for Change aims for a society in which digital technologies contribute to human rights, social justice and equity.
They work in the areas of education, gender, governance, digital economy and internet/digital policies push the boundaries of existing vocabulary and practice, exploring new development and social change frameworks for the digital.
They have been at the forefront of conceptual, research and policy work in India and internationally, working from the standpoint of an equitable, people-centric information society.
About the Job
Title: Content Manager and Editor
Location: Bengaluru, India
They are recruiting for our communications team and are looking for an individual to co-lead our recently launched online magazine on technology justice — Bot Populi, along with providing editorial support in the production of our research outputs.
They are looking for a content manager and editor with at least 5 years of work experience, passionate about digital and data rights and development justice.
A commitment to teamwork, collaborative knowledge processes and organization building and the ability to take initiative and manage workflows pro-actively are pre-requisites for the role.
- Commissioning, creating and publishing engaging content – blogs, articles, newsletters and other communications materials for Bot Populi.
- Editing and proofreading content and outputs created from the research projects of the organization.
- Staying up-to-date with current developments in the domain, globally and in India, generating new ideas for strategic communications outreach and taking charge of appropriate and impactful dissemination of organizational knowledge.
Who should apply?
Candidates with a Masters degree in media and communication, journalism or allied disciplines with the requisite experience of minimum 5 years and the following skills and interests:
- Excellent writing and verbal proficiency in English
- Experience with content production, writing and publishing, in general
- Aptitude for editing and curating content
- Experience with digital marketing and audience engagement strategies
- Passion for research and advocacy on digital rights and global politics of development
- Some experience in working with graphic and design software
- Videography skills
- Data journalism/storytelling experience
- Oral/written fluency in Kannada/ Hindi
How to apply?
Interested candidates should apply to jobs[at]itforchange.net with a CV and a writing sample/portfolio. Remuneration will be commensurate with prior experience and qualifications.