About the organisation
The School of Sciences, IGNOU, located at Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, started functioning in 1986, with the challenge of imparting good quality theoretical and practical education in four science disciplines, namely, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Life Sciences.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for four posts (Full-time/Part-time, contractual) of consultants in the Discipline of Mathematics, one in each of the following areas:
1. Image Processing and Pattern Recognition
2. Computer Graphics
3. Design and Analysis of Algorithms
4. Coding Theory
The nature of work for the consultants would involve activities pertaining to the development of course material in Mathematics discipline offered by the University. The job would include writing/transforming units and other material related to the course concerned. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi
The candidates to be considered for the posts of consultants must have the following essential qualifications:
- M.Tech in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering, or
- Ph.D. in Mathematics/ Computer Science (with specialization in the area concerned)
- Minimum three years experience of research/teaching/industry in the area concerned.
Desirable qualifications for each of the areas mentioned above from (1) to (4) are given below:
- For Image Processing and Pattern Recognition: Knowledge of Sci-Lab with Image Processing Toolbox.
- For Computer Graphics: Proficiency in OpenGL programming using C.
- For Design and Analysis of Algorithms: Good understanding of Mathematics related to Graph Theoretical algorithms.
- For Coding Theory: Good understanding of Algebraic Coding Theory in the case of M.Tech Candidates and experience in implementing algorithms of Coding Theory in C language.
Remuneration for the posts of consultants abovementioned are:-
(1) Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 70,000 (Full-time)
(2) Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 35,000 (Part-time)
How to apply
Interested candidates may send their applications along with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae, including the list of publications and teaching experience in the relevant area, along with self-attested copies of mark sheets, degree certificates, and experience certificates, on or before 16th August 2018 to the following address:-
School of Sciences (SOS)
Raman Bhawan, Academic Complex
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068
Email:- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org