The National Centre for Polar & Ocean Research (NCPOR), an autonomous society under Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India, invites applications from retired Government employees of Central/ State Government/ Autonomous bodies/ PSUs, who have retired from the level of Under Secretary or equivalent or above, for engagement as “Consultant” in the office of NCPOR on a temporary contract basis, initially for a period of one year/co-terminus with the project whichever is earlier.
- Preparation of EFC/ SFC memos, minutes, RFP documents, parliament, and audit matters related to vessel operation and new vessel acquisition projects handled by NCPOR/ MoES.
- Co-ordination of project schedules, proposal, performance review, and reports preparation.
- Liaison with Research Vessel operator and Vessel implementing agency for efficient utilization of Research Vessels.
- The consultant is required to ensure a high level of efficiency and effectiveness.
- To provide advice and share expertise in vessel management activities.
- Master’s Degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology from a recognized University/ Institution
- Retired/ Working at the level of Under Secretary to the Government of India and above in the Central Government or State Government or UT Administration or universities or Recognized Research Institutions or Statutory Organization or Autonomous Organizations or equivalent posts in Public Sector Undertaking
- At least 10 years of experience in handling/ management of Government projects including Research Vessel Management, research, budget, and planning.
Rs. 50,000/- (consolidated) or last pay drawn minus the pension of the individual, whichever is lesser. Apart from consolidated remuneration, no perquisites such as HRA, TA/DA, residential accommodation will be provided.
The tenure will be initially for a period of one year or co-terminus with the project whichever is earlier.
How to Apply?
The duly completed application in prescribed proforma should be submitted to National Centre for Polar & Ocean Research (An Autonomous Society under the MINISTRY OF EARTH SCIENCES, Govt. of India) Headland Sada, Vasco-da-Gama, Goa – 403 804. To download the application form, click here. The last date to apply is May 31, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Scientist & Assistant Manager at National Centre for Polar & Ocean Research, Goa: Apply by May 14.