About the Conference:
The National Conference is aimed at providing a plethora of information about state-of-the-art practices and guidance for civil engineers undertaking conservation, restoration, maintenance and extending the life of existing civil structures including bridges, buildings, dykes, flood embankments, dams, drains, canals & canal structures and need constant monitoring of their physical health.
As a multi-activity capsule, a workshop will also be conducted concurrently on “Water for all for Sustainable Development” wherein discussions on water sustainability and water-related changes will be discussed.
Sub-Themes for the conference:
• Inspection of existing structures- how to conduct.
• Repairs, rehabilitation and retrofitting of structures.
• Common deficiencies in concretes.
• Inspection of earthen & rock-fill embankments and remedial measures.
• Maintenance of gravity (masonry/concrete) dams and remedial measures.
• Inspection of canal drains; canal structures.
• Inspection of bridges and remedial measures.
• Inspection of existing buildings and remedial measures.
• Case studies of failures of structures.
Sub-Themes for the workshop:
• Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
• Integrated Management of Water Resources for social and economic development.
• Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
• End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
IEI Members: Rs.1000/-
Non-Members: Rs. 2000/-
Research Scholars/Students: Rs. 300
Deadline for synopsis: July 10
Deadline for the full-length paper: Aug 10