About the Organiser
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research is a medical and research institution in Chandigarh, India. It has educational, medical research, and training facilities for its students.
About the Conference
The National Conference on Tobacco or Health (NCTOH) is a premier and largest gathering for India’s tobacco control professionals, health programme managers, public health experts, civil society advocates, academicians and researchers from various clinical and non-clinical disciplines.
The 2020 National Conference on Tobacco or Health will be held from 25-27 September 2021 at PGIMER, Chandigarh. The Conference at an eminent Institute of National Excellence of the country will boost tobacco control efforts by an assemblage of decision-makers, implementers and academicians from different states across the country under one roof for sharing contextual experiences and best practices in tobacco control which will ultimately lead to advancing tobacco control in the country.
The conference is likely to cover emerging and re-emerging issues in tobacco control which is likely to promote academics and research for their translation into effective policy and practice. Since Chandigarh has made its presence on the global map by being first Smoke-Free City’ of the country and has been a pioneer in tobacco control efforts, the proposed conference in the city will also boost the tobacco control efforts of the country by drawing the attention of the policymakers to this staggering public health menace.
Tobacco control professionals, health programme managers, public health experts, civil society advocates, academicians and researchers from various clinical and non-clinical disciplines, and anyone interested in:
- Exploring the latest evidence on tobacco control in contextual settings. What works and what don’t?
- Disseminating the research findings and best practices in tobacco control-related issues especially pertaining to policy implementation, advocacy efforts and for overall strengthening national tobacco control program
- Networking and developing new relationships with likeminded people and experts for exchanging best practices and ideas
- Learning practical solutions to upscale tobacco control initiatives at the national and sub-national level
- Renewing motivation and commitment towards tobacco control efforts for creating tobacco-free environments.
Themes and Submission Procedure
To know details about the themes and submission, click here.
|Category||Early Bird (upto 31-Dec-20)||Regular (upto 30-Apr-21)||Regular (upto 30-Jun-21)||On Spot Registration|
|Delegate||INR 5500||INR 7500||INR 8500||INR 10000|
|Accompanying/Co-Delegate||INR 4000||INR 5000||INR 6000||INR 7000|
|Students||INR 3000||INR 3500||INR 4000||INR 5000|
|International Delegates||INR 11000||INR 12500||INR 15000||INR 17500|
|CME’s / Workshops (only one workshop / CME can be applied for each participant.||Free (50 seats for each workshop) – First come first basis|
|Abstract submission site opens||29th February, 2020|
|Abstract submission deadline||31st January 2021|
|Notification of Abstract result||31st March 2021|
Conference Manager: Mr. Saurabh Sharma
Phone: +91 98717 99136
For more details, click the link below.