About the Organiser
The Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy, also known as SASTRA, is a Deemed-to-be university in the town of Thirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu, India. SASTRA is recognised as a Category 1 university by the University Grants Commission. It offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in Engineering, Science, Education, Management, Law and the Arts.
About the Conference
The International Conference on Synergy of Sciences (ICSS-2020) is organised by School of Chemical and Biotechnology, SASTRA Deemed University, Tamil Nadu from February 27-29, 2020.
Creativity often requires interdisciplinary knowledge and interdisciplinary approaches may help breach communication gaps in modern science. The togetherness of different branches of science results in many advancements in medicine, agriculture, technology etc. Interdisciplinary research thrives to integrate information, techniques, tools, concepts, theories from two or more disciplines of specialized knowledge to advance fundamental understanding and to solve problems that are beyond the scope of a single discipline.
The conference is organized to celebrate the National Science Day with the central theme to appreciate the interdisciplinary nature of modern science, its advancements and the advantages. The motive of ICSS-2020 is to bring together high-profile researchers from the academic and industrial arena to discuss current advancements in the interdisciplinary areas across physical, chemical, and life sciences. This conference will also provide an ideal platform for understanding newer directions and opportunities in different fields.
ICSS-2020 is organised to celebrate the National Science Day with the central theme to appreciate advancements in the multi and interdisciplinary approaches across physics, chemistry and life sciences to decode and solve real-world problems. The focus of the conference will be interdisciplinary research in the below-mentioned areas and the need for it in present modern life:
- Biological and soft matter physics
- Biomedical applications
- Biophysical chemistry
- Chemical biology and drug design
- Computational physics, chemistry and biology
- Genomics in healthcare & personalized medicine
- Improvising technologies of power storage, batteries
- Modelling/simulation of physical and biological systems
- Nanomaterials in healthcare
- Nanobiology & technology, nanodevices and nanoelectronics
- Need for automation in natural science
- Physics of life
- Probing molecules at the atomic level
- Science for environmental benefits
- Solid-state physics/chemistry
- Structural chemistry, structural biology and bioinformatics
- Sustainable energy systems
Abstracts should be submitted by e-mail: icss2020[at]sastra.ac.in
Who Can Apply?
UG/PG students, research scholars, post-doctorates, faculty members and industrial persons interested in the interdisciplinary research on the mentioned topics are eligible to apply.
- Category Early Bird Regular
- Student (U.G/P.G) 1800 2500
- Research Scholars 2400 3000
- Academics 3000 4000
- Corporates 5000 7000
- Category Early Bird Regular
- Student (UG) 1200 1700
- Student (PG) 1400 1900
- Research Scholars 1900 2400
- Academics 2400 3000
- Category Amount (USD)
- Student 100
- Research Scholars 200
- Academics 300
- Corporates 1000
Convener: Dr K. Saraboji
Phone : +91-4362-304000 (Ext. 3736)
Mobile : +91 9487882521