About the Conference
The Department of Economics, Annamalai University, is organising an International Conference under the auspices of UGC-SAP, on Sustainable Management of Water Resources in India.
Water shortage has adverse consequences on all the sectors of the economy and will harm the prospects for economic growth. The looming water crisis and the economic damage which will ensue can be averted only through policy measures implemented on a war-footing. This requires understanding the roots of the water crisis and identifying the appropriate measures to address it within the resource constrains.
- Open to all across the Globe
- Participants can be Research Scholars, Academics, Administrators and NGOs working on water resource management.
Annamalainagar – 608 002,
Tamil Nadu, India.
- Impact of water stress on the quality of life of people and on the economy of Tamil Nadu and other regions in the country.
- Methodological approaches to measure water stress.
- Approaches to sustainable water management.
- Valuation of water resources and the application of valuation studies for water management.
- Case studies of sustainable water management in India and other countries.
- Instruments for water management.
- Institutions for sustainable water management.
- Gender issues in water management
The organizers welcome papers with a wide range of theoretical and empirical perspectives. While the emphasis of the conference is on water management, some submissions from other disciplines will also be considered.
- Participants can submit both theoretical and empirical research papers and it should be neatly typed with 1.5 spaces in MS word format using 12 size Times New Roman font.
- Research papers should not exceed 7 pages, including tables and annexure.
- References cited in the text should conform to the Turabian style.
- The authors’ institutional affiliation, designation, and e-mail should be printed as footnote.
- A maximum of three authors per paper will be permitted.
- The abstract should not exceed 200 words and should have a title, Background, Objectives, Methodology and Findings/Results along with authors name and affiliations, full address for correspondence, including fax, phone/mobile and e-mail.
- Papers submitted to the conference will be peer-reviewed and checked for plagiarism.
- The abstract, full paper, and the presentations should be sent through the E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kindly send a copy of the transfer payment along with the Registration form for the confirmation of registration.
- At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the conference.
- TA/DA will not be provided. The registration form/registration details/current updates can be obtained from the Annamalai University website.
- The registration fee includes a conference kit, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks on the conference days.
- Delegates are requested to send their registration fee in the form of Demand Draft obtained from any Nationalized Bank, drawn in favour of “THE REGISTRAR, ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY” payable at Annamalainagar or Chidambaram.
- Faculty members and Scientists: ₹. 2000/-
- Research Scholars and Students: ₹. 1000/-
- International participants: $ 100
- For Accompanying Persons: ₹. 1000/person
Participants can make the payment of the registration fee through electronic fund transfer to the following bank account:
Account No: 621201159609
Account Name: THE REGISTRAR, ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY
Bank & Branch: ICICI Bank, Annamalainagar
IFSC Code: ICIC0006212
To register, click here.
- Last date for the Submission of abstract: 14th Dec 2018
- Confirmation of the selection of abstract: 21st Dec 2018
- Last date for the Submission of full paper and registration: 11th Jan 2019
- Submission of PPT Presentation: 15th Feb 2019
Mobile Nos.: +91 9042218660; +91 9894126360; +91 7010128588
To view Brochure, click here.