The Department of Commerce of Jesus and Mary College, University of Delhi, is organizing two-day International Conference on Social Media Marketing Opportunities and Challenges during March 28-29. Register by March 24.
About the Conference:
Today, people especially the youth use information technology and engage with media for different purposes, at varying degrees of intensity and with a myriad of motives. By its nature, social media plays important promotional roles in the marketplace.
Now active consumers have the ability to communicate with hundreds, thousands or even millions of other consumers. As a consequence, more consumers are led by other consumers than by advertising and hence consumers take control.
This has created new issues and challenges because companies cannot directly control consumer-to-consumer conversations, but they can make efforts to shape the nature and direction of conversations and discussions.
The various stakeholders, including Students, Researchers, Educators, Information and Media Professionals and Private and Public sector organizations, Social organizations, Government and policy makers (including libraries and audio-visual authorities etc.) would be part of the debates and discussions.
An audience of 600-800 participants is expected to attend this conference.
Social Media: The New Age Communication Tool
- Millennials Captivated by Social Media!
- Social Media and Workplace Culture.
- Future of Artificial Intelligence in Social Media Marketing.
- Convergence of IT & Social Media.
- The New Czars of the World – Tech Gurus!
Social Media as a Tool for Empowerment
- Bridging the Gender Divide Through Social Media.
- Social Media – Enabler for Women’s Working World!
- Women’s World & The Role of Social Media.
Social Media: Intrusion & Privacy
- Privacy shield in Social Media Marketing.
- Cyber security.
- Surveillance of anti-social and unlawful activities.
- Role of social media platforms such as Google, Twitter, Facebook etc. and their governance.
- Social Media – Open to Abuse Sexual Harassment on social media platforms.
- The new age trend of ‘trolling’.
The Economics of Social Media
- Entrepreneurial social marketing.
- Impact of Social Media Marketing on Company’s Policies and Strategies.
- Challenging traditional markets.
- Start Ups – A world of possibilities.
- Strategies and tactics in Social Media Marketing and their ethics.
Student Activities during Conference:
- Media Connect: Debates & Dialogues.
- Cyber Security Workshop.
- Techocial: A Social Media Round Table Conference.
- Viral in Nature.
- Business Plan Competition.
- Career Fair.
- Art Exhibition.
- Corporate/Academicians- Indian Delegates: Rs. 2000, Foreign Delegates: Rs. 6904 ($ 100).
- Research Scholar: Indian Delegates- Rs. 1000, Foreign Delegates: Rs. 3452($ 50)
- Student- Indian Delegates: Rs. 200 , Foreign Delegates: Rs. 3452($ 50).
How to register?
- Offline Registration Form: Click here to Download. Send it to the Department of Commerce, Jesus and Mary College (University of Delhi), Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021.
- Online Registration form link: Click here to apply.
The last date for the registration is March 24, 2019.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: Ms. Monica S. Chhabra- +919871714174, Ms. Sheetal Kakkar- +918130254600.
- College Landline: +(91)-(011)-26110041, 26875400.