About the Organiser
Parul University is a private university in Vadodara, Gujarat, India. It was established in 2009 as the Parul Group of Institutes, and was given university status in 2015.
Parul Institute of Law, Faculty of Law offers various programmes in law, with the aim of providing quality legal education and generating socially responsible individuals, through experiential learning by rigorous curricular and extra-curricular activities.
About the Conference
Parul Institute of Law and Centre of Research for Development, Parul University is organizing a National Conference titled ‘Scientific Temperament in Public Policy: Social engineering lives’ on 29th February, 2020 Saturday.
The conference aims to serve as a platform to discuss and critically review the journey of India from 1947. It seeks to engage the stakeholders from different spheres and analyze the role of scientific temperament in public policy. While the same is critical inclusiveness and peaceful growth, and development of the nation, it also has its inadvertent influence and impact on individual lives.
Objective of the Conference
The objective of the conference is to identify these grey areas, develop sustainable solutions through discourse from diverse fields and disciplines, and work towards creating a pluralistic and egalitarian society.
Call for Papers
Papers may be presented on the following sub-themes:
- Religion and culture – Inter-relations in modern discourses of law
- Role of State: Moralizing law or legalizing morality
- Customary law – legitimizing beliefs
- Role of law in engineering perceptions and moulding opinions
- Nationalism and Jingoism in contemporary times – an output of blind faith
- Homogenization of beliefs and way of living – A premise for national integration
- Arthashastra: Law, state and economics in current times
- Judicial trends in promoting constitutional mandate of developing scientific temper
- State approaches to dissent – Scientific attitude in public discourse
- Innovations in curriculum and pedagogical tools in education
- Approaches to further pluralism in public policy
- Critical approach to research – A quest for truth
The abstracts along with the brief CV and the full papers and any other communication is to be done to conference.pil[at]paruluniversity.ac.in
- Students (Participants): Rs.250/-
- Students (Presenters): Rs.500/-
- Research Scholars/Academicians/Professionals (Participants): Rs. 500/-
- Research Scholars/Academicians/Professionals (Presenters): Rs. 1000/-
Payment can be done via demand draft in favour of “Research & Development Unit of PU” or online mode
Bank: HDFC Bank
Account Name: R & D Centre Unit of PU
Account Number: 50100269520370
IFSC Code : HDFC0009277
MICR Code: 390240031
Branch: Sangam Char Rasta
How to Register?
Registrations can be done through this link.
- 17 February 2020: Submission of abstracts
- 25 February 2020: Last date for Registration
- 29 February 2020: Conference date and submission of full paper
Intimation of abstract selection will be communicated within 3 working days.
Mr Jimmy Jose (+91 78029 14805)