About the Organizer [Society for the Advancement of Library and Information Science (SALIS), Chennai]:
SALIS is a registered national professional body, actively involved in the development of all spheres of LIS by organizing various programs such as conferences, seminars, workshops and training programs on emerging topics throughout the year in various parts of the country through its chapters located in many places.
About the Conference:
The Digital India program is a flagship program of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. The GOI is taking many initiatives to make digital India such as e-governance, digital transactions in various sectors such as banking, education, public distribution system, e-commerce, transport etc.
Digital India policy will transform our nation and create opportunities for all citizens by harnessing digital technologies. This two-days conference will provide a platform for LIS Professionals, teachers, educators and policy makers to discuss the role of libraries on-line with the Digital India program.
- To discuss the sweeping changes that are taking place in the library environment
- To discuss the role libraries in making digital India
- To Transform Library into a totally digital environment by introducing digital transactions/Services
- To re-engineer, re-invent and re-visit the existing library systems and services to suit to the digital environment
- To transform library from physical space to active learning space
- To introduce creative and innovative services for the digital natives
- To offer digital library services to the users through mobile and Social media.
- To evolve innovative and best practices for a totally digital environment in libraries.
- LIS Professionals: Rs. 1000
- Research Scholars (Regular) & LIS Students (Regular): Rs. 500
- Participants (without paper): Rs. 500
Registration fee should be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘The Principal, Thiagarajar College of Engineering payable at ‘Madurai’ and addressed to the ‘Organizing Secretary’.
- Submission of full-paper: May 31
- Communication of Acceptance: June 10
- Registration: June 20
Dr. L Radha, Librarian & Organizing Secretary, SALIS 2017
Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai – 625015, Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone : 0452-2482240 Ext: 816/817, Mobile : 97891 01604
For further details, please visit the link given here.