CfP: Conference on Opencast Mining Technology and Sustainability at Northern Coalfields Limited, Madhya Pradesh [Dec 13-14]: Submit by Oct 20
About the Organisers
Northern Coalfields Limited was formed in November 1985 as a subsidiary company of Coal India Limited. NCL produces coal through mechanised opencast mines but its commitments towards environmental protection are total. It is one of the very few companies engaged in mining activities, which has got unified Integrated Management System (IMS) complying to Standard ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 for simultaneous management of economic, environmental and occupational health and safety.
IIT BHU is a pioneer engineering institution located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. Founded in 1919 as the Banaras Engineering College, it became the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University in 1968. It was designated an Indian Institute of Technology in 2012. It is having 13 branches of engineering and three inter-disciplinary schools. Its Mining Engineering department has produced more than 60 PhDs, currently enrolled more than 60 doctoral, more than 60 M.Tech students, along with 400 B.Tech students.
About the Conference
The fossil fuel-based energy sector, where coal is the primary ingredient, is slowly being replaced by environment-friendly ‘Green Energy’. In this transitory stage, it is becoming more important for the Coal Industry to reorient itself to remain relevant in the energy sector in a sustainable manner. On the eve of World Energy Conservation Day, Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL) is organizing the 2nd International Conference on Opencast Mining Technology and Sustainability (ICOMS-2019) on 13th December 2019 at Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh, India in association with Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi.
The ICOMS-2019, scheduled during December 13-14, 2019 aims to provide a forum for the peers and blossoms of the academicians, scientific community & industry professionals to interact and exchange their knowledge in the field of Opencast Mines and Energy.
Production, productivity and safety in OC mining
- Production, Productivity and Safety: New Methods to facilitate high stripping opencast mining with improved productivity & economics
- Design and development of software to design mine working slope and dumps
- Advanced Blasting techniques
- Methods to extract inter-mine boundary coal
- Unconventional Mining Methods
- Best Practices / Benchmarking in maintenance and operations in OC mining
- Automation and Artificial Intelligence
Environmentally Sustainable Methods
- Mitigative measures to check pollution load on air and water within safe limits
- Future challenges & Energy security
- Alternatives to blasting technology, i.e., mitigating ground vibrations and air blast
- Developing eco-friendly logistics infrastructure
- Mine Closure & Sustainable Energy Management
- Social Sustainability
Renewable Energy and Clean Coal Technologies
- Clean Coal Technologies (Methane Drainage, Coal Pyrolysis and Gasification, Carbon Capturing, Storage, Utilization and Sequestration)
- Low-rank coal
- Fuel Cells
- Solar/Wind Power
- High-Efficiency Low Emission technologies
- Energy Storage
- Waste to Energy
Advanced Materials for Energy
- Nanostructured Materials for Energy
- Solar Energy Materials
- Crystalline Porous Materials
- Advanced Graphene Materials
- Composite materials for applications in Mining/Energy sector
To submit abstracts, click here.
To know more about paper submission guidelines, click here.
- Last date of submission of abstract: Oct 20, 2019
- Notification for acceptance of abstract and Registration open: Oct 25, 2019
- Last date of submission of paper: Nov 15, 2019
- Conference Registration Deadline: Nov 20, 2019
- Notification for time and slot of presentation: Dec 1, 2019
- Academics: Rs. 3000/-
- R&D Institute: Rs. 5000/-
- Industry: Rs. 7000/-
- Academics: 150 USD
- R&D Institute: 200 USD
- Industry: 250 USD
Convener: Mr Satish Jha, Prof. P.K. Mishra, Prof. S.K. Sharma
Phone: +91-9406711702, +91-9415301462, +91-9450950078
For more details, click here.
About the Author